Leading Cooperative in the Entire Mindanao Region
How FICCO transforms a small cooperative into a billionaire coop in the entire archipelago? Founded by Fr. William Masterson, S.J. FICCO started as a Credit Union (ACCU) on July 8, 1954, a closed type cooperative with an initial membership of 17 faculty and personnel of Ateneo de Cagayan, and with a capital of Ph 26.30. It was opened to the public in 1970. At that time, ACCU’s resources were less than P 200,000. ACCU then embarked on a concerted membership campaign.