We at First Community Cooperative (FICCO) value your privacy. We Give this notice to inform you of the ways in which we collect and process your personal information and the means by which you can control, to a certain extent, these processes. As the personal information controller under Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, First Community Cooperative (FICCO) give this notice to inform you of what personal information we collect and how your information will be processed and shared.
A. Service Description First Community Cooperative (FICCO) are providing the following services to all members:
- Common Share
- Preferred Share
- Regular Savings Deposit
- Time Deposit
- Retirement Savings
- Installment Savings Plan
Type of Loans;
- Regular Loans – Regular Loan Productive, Regular Loan Providential
- Agricultural Loan – Rice & Corn Crop Loan, Sugarcane Crop Loan, Cassava Crop Loan, Other Crop, Aqua Culture, Integrated Rice Duck Farming, Farm Input Facility, Pre-Harvest facility, Bail out for Farmers.
- Commercial Loan – Small Enterprise Assistance, Repackaged Special Business, Commercial Credit Line, Vendors-drivers Assistance, STAR Associated and Probationary, STAR Regular.
- Financing Loan – Appliance, Motorcycle, Motor Vehicle, High Value Machinery & Equipment used for business, Lot Purchase.
- Housing Loan – Housing Assistance, House Construction, First Home Housing, Condo/Apartment Acquisition Financing, Foreclosed Property.
- Commodity Loan – Rice, Gift Check, Fleet Card Credit Line, Petty Cash, Cellphone.
- Medical/ Hospitalization Loan Facilities – Medical, Optical, Dental.
- Memorial Lot/ Service Loan
- LAD, LATD, LARS/IS
- Other Loan Services – Travel and Tour, Educational, Salary Loan, Petty Cash, Calamity, Pension, Sky direct Loan, Pensioner’s Loan, Dividend, Loan, Meat Loan.
- Life Insurances – Mutual Aid Fund(MAF), Saving Protection Plan (SPP), Loan Protection Plan + (LPP+), Memorial Services, KOOPamilya, Funeral Services, RS/IS Insurance.
- Non Life Insurances – Motor Car Insurance, Fire Insurance, Home Protect. Health Care Plan (HMO).
- Cooperative Health Management Federation (CHMF).
B. Information Collected The types of personal/sensitive data that we collect depends on the product or service that you avail or intend to avail from us, including but not limited to:
Basic Members Data
- Complete Name – first, middle, surname, maiden name for married females, spouse name, parent’s details
- Vail ID or Passbook
- Date, Place of Birth
- Gender and Civil status
- Member status in the Cooperative (active, delisted, withdrawn)
- Present and previous addresses, type of house ownership
- Residence in the last two years
- SSS, TIN number
- Current and previous employment in the last 5 years details – employer name, employer address and employer contact number/s.
Member’s Loan/ Credit Information
- Original amount, date released and outstanding balance per loan type
- Credit/Loan status (Current/ Delinquent/ Past Due/ Date written off/ Others)
- Mode of payment
- Security/ Collateral type (Assignment of deposits/ shares/ REM, Chattel)
- Amount past due, age of account (days)
- Adverse information (account under litigation, foreclosure proceedings on-going, small claims court filed cases, resolution of disputes taken)
- Loan Update Status Date
Additional personal data that we collect over the course of our relationship with you Over the course of our relationship, we may collect data about you including but not limited to your transactions, account history and information, inquiries about our products and services. Personal data that we collect as authorized or required by law such as:
- Republic Act No. 9510 or the Credit Information System Act (CISA) for the submission of personal and credit data of borrowers to the Credit Information Corporation (CIC);
- Republic Act No. 6938 as amended by RA. 9520 (Philippine Cooperative Code of 2008) for the submission of members personal and membership data to Cooperative Development Authority (CDA);
C. Purpose of Collection The information about you will be processed only according to the following purposes;
- Availment of the Cooperative’s products and services;
- Establish, confirm, update and review customer records;
- Conduct customer risk, capacity and suitability assessment;
- Loan Insurance coverage;
- Perform internal business operations such as credit and risk management, product development and planning, market research, audit and administrative purposes;
- Any other processing that is necessary and is related to the fulfillment of the contract between you and the Cooperative;
- Improvement of the cooperative’s services;
- Any other legitimate business purpose that the Cooperative may deem necessary;
- Any other processing that is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
D. Storage and Transmission of Personal Information We store your personal information in physical copies in filing cabinets under lock and key, and we implement security standards for storage of electronic copies, backup and databases. Only authorized personnel handle and use the data. These data are transmitted via full encrypted hard drive and via email attachment which is password protected archive.
E. Data Retention Period We have put in place appropriate physical, organizational, and technical controls to maintain the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of your personal data. Your personal data will be stored in a database for no longer than five (5) years and for the soft copies of scanned documents no longer than ten (10) years.
F. Method of Use We use your data only for the purposes as stated in Section C.
G. Third Party Transfers The Cooperative shall also have the discretion to enter into data sharing agreements with the Philippine Cooperative Central Fund Federation for the purpose of establishing a Cooperative Credit Information System. The Cooperative may also provide your personal and sensitive information, in the ordinary course of business, to the following parties for any of the purposes set out above:
- Any agent, contractor or third-party service providers who provide relevant service to the Cooperative;
- Credit Bureaus or credit reference agencies;
- Banking Institution for loan;
- Any regulatory, governmental, tax, law enforcement or other agencies or authorities, clearing houses for the purpose of complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
We assure you that your personal information will be protected according to the data protection principles under RA 10173 and its Implementing Rules and Regulations (IRR) and guidelines issued by the National Privacy Commission (NPC).
H. Rights of the Data Subjects Under RA 10173, We inform you that you have the following rights;
- Be informed on whether your personal information shall be, are being or have been processed;
Be furnished with the information indicated below before the entry of your personal information into the processing system of the personal information controller, or at the next practical opportunity:
- Description of the personal information to be entered into the system;
- Purposes for which they are being or are to be processed;
- Scope and method of the personal information processing;
- The recipients or classes of recipients to whom they are or may be disclosed;
- Methods utilized for automated access, if the same is allowed by the data subject, and the extent to which such access is authorized;
- The identity and contact details of the personal information controller or its representative;
- The period of which the information will be stored; and
- The existence of the right to access, correction, as well as the right to lodge a complaint before the Commision.
Any information supplied or declaration made to you on these matters shall not be amended without prior notification. Provided that notification under Section ii above shall not apply should the personal information be needed pursuant to a subpoena or when the collection and processing are for obvious purposes, including when it is necessary for the performance of or in relation to a contract or service or when necessary or desirable in the context of an employer-employee relationship, or when the information is being collected and processed as a result of legal obligation;
Reasonable access to, upon demand, the following:
- Contents of your personal information that were processed;
- Sources from which personal information were obtained;
- Names and addresses of recipients of the personal information;
- Reasons for the disclosure of the personal information to recipients;
- Information on automated processes where the data will or likely to be made as the sole basis for any decision significantly affecting or will affect you;
- Date when your personal information was last accessed and modified;
- The designation, or name or identity and address of the personal information controller.
- Dispute the inaccuracy or error in the personal information and have the personal information controller correct it immediately and accordingly, unless the request is vexatious or otherwise unreasonable.
- Suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal or destruction of your personal information from the personal information controller’s filing system upon discovery and substantial proof that the personal information are incomplete, outdated, false unlawfully obtained, used for unauthorized purposes or are no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected;
- Be indemnified for any damages sustained due to such inaccurate, incomplete, outdated , false, unlawfully obtained or unauthorized use of personal information.
- Right to data portability – where personal information is processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, you have the right to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of data undergoing processing in an electronic or structured format, which is commonly used and allows for further use.
For any concerns or queries, kindly contact below the Data Protection Officer through the Following details:
Contact Number: +639269441040
Email address: [email protected]